Technical Data Sheet SL77080596
SILWET L-77 is a unique surfactant designed to improve the spreading and wetting properties of pesticide
spray mixes. SILWET L-77 utilizes unique organosilicone chemistry which provides the most complete
coverage possible. SILWET L-77 can improve cuticular penetration of plant surfaces by the spray mix.
Optimum application and resultant effects can be influenced by many factors. Consequently, it is
recommended that careful observation of the spray deposit be made and adjuvant rates adjusted
accordingly. Applications should be made to ensure thorough coverage without excessive run-off.
Physical appearance Clear, light amber liquid
Pounds per gallon 8.370
Specific gravity 1.0 - 1.01
pH (1.0%) 6.0 - 7.0
Freeze Point less than 35 degrees F
Surface Tension (0.125% v/v) less than 25 dynes/cm
Contact Angle (0.125% v/v) less than 5 degrees F
Draves Wet Time (0.125% v/v) less than 15.0 seconds
GENERAL PRODUCT INFORMATION
(1) SILWET L-77 contains organosilicone surfactants designed to provide superior wetting and coverage.
(2) SILWET L-77 can improve water penetration of hard to wet soils and provide more uniform
distribution of applied moisture.
(3) SILWET L-77 is generally compatible with pesticides and fertilizer solutions.
(4) SILWET L-77 may cause excessive foam if not properly added to the spray tank. To minimize foam
generation, add SILWET L-77 to the tank after all other ingredients are added. If foaming is still a concern,
add an antifoaming agent, such as FOAMBUSTER or COMBAT PLUS to the tank prior to adding
(5) Do not allow spray mixes containing SILWET L-77 to sit over 36 hours.